- 13:39 I'm looking forward to watching Gloucestershire v Middlesex
later on. Don't think there's any other sport on today, is there...? #
- 17:42 Am at the cricket in Bristol. Less atmosphere than the moon. Family next to me have only just worked out their team is playing Middlesex... #
- 17:44 Also, Tyron Henderson did not get his chest out during the warm-up. This is bad. But, Porterfield the cheat is out. And this is good! #
- 17:54 Bloke behind did not know that Hamish Marshall plays for Glos! And I may have been outed as a non-Glos fan by applauding the second wicket! #
- 20:17 Middlesex need 12 off the last over, Kirby is looking exceedingly ginger in the sunlight and the bloke next to me is rocking back and forth! #
- 14:25 I am clearly being stalked by the Sussex team. This is the second year running they've turned up at the same hotel as me! #
- 17:13 Bloke behind the bar knew what I was going to order without me even having to ask. I'm not sure whether to be impressed, or worried #
- 17:36 25 off the first over. I think it's fair to say Somerset have made a poor start... #
- 17:51 The announcer just got Thomas and Pollard mixed up. Seriously, WTF? #
- 18:04 It's 67-6 now, after 7 overs. I think it's fair to say the last 6 overs have been better than the first one!!! #
- 18:46 Sussex are 159 all out! Game on! #
- 20:06 I have officially started my car... #
- 19:47 Ricky Ponting is a git. Discuss... #
- 20:07 Oh FFS Captain C...@she_who_dares No, that's very true! #
- 21:08 Nathan Hauritz looks like a cross between Stephen Hendry and Stan Laurel. Fact. #
- 21:12 Dear Botham. Please STFU next time? No love, me. #
- 21:24 Oh, Eoin - you little treasure!!!! :-D #
- 21:29 Uh-oh.... #
- 21:30 squeaky bum time... #
- 21:33 My mum has just said to Doug Bollinger: "Fuck off back to the champagne farm." Quite. #
- 21:37 *coughs* batting powerplay? *coughs* #
- 21:42 is it safe to start the car yet? #
- 21:47 Steven Smith's hair's gone proper big! #
- 21:49 Aha, here's the batting powerplay. Finally. #
- 21:51 has started the car! COME ON, ENGLAND!!!! Get in!!!! #
- 21:58 Can we say 2-0? I rather think we can! TWO NIL!!!!! #
- 14:23 tweetphoto.com/28687568
Plymouth in the sunshine! #
- 18:45 I've just seen a woman wearing camouflage trousers and bright yellow crocs. Surely the two cancel each other out? #
- 21:08 Giant Chocolate Buttons. They're like normal Chocolate
Buttons. Only bigger. #
- 21:32 Hoggy probably should not have said that, but the politically incorrect half of me is still giggling! #
Anyway, this vet had a look at Dexter's bum and confirmed that there is indeed an infection there. She shaved the fur away and then stuck her fingers up and had a feel and said there's definitely something there. When I said he'd had his anal glands removed, she seemed incredibly surprised! She packed me off with a 10 day course of antibiotics and he has to go back on Friday morning to see the vet who did his operation.
So that's another £50-odd gone, and I'm not particularly happy because the vet who saw him yesterday didn't even bother checking his bottom, even though I said he was worrying at it.
Poor Dexter seems very out of sorts still. He's lying on the arm of the sofa at the moment, not doing very much. He ate a little bit of chicken earlier, but that's all he's had since about Thursday, which isn't particularly good. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and he'll start feeling brighter soon, though.
I am now finally going to go and sit out in the garden for a couple of hours - I feel like most of today has been completely wasted and I'm in a bit of a grump about it, so with a bit of luck, thhe sunshine will cheer me up!
So, my plan this morning had been to get up, have breakfast, go to Hell On Earth (aka Tesco), come back and then sunbathe for the rest of the day.
However, my plan has had to be revised now because Dexter is in a lot of discomfort and having looked at him, we now think there is nothing wrong with his back or neck and that actually, he's got an infection around his bottom, poor thing. I've managed to cut away some of the fur and it looks very inflamed, and it's a bit sticky and smelly. So Tesco has been put on hold because I'm going back to the vet at 11.10am for an emergency appointment. Nightmare!
Posted via LiveJournal.app.
- 19:16 Oh crap. The subtitles on S4C aren't working and so now I'm having to try to understand actual Welsh. #
- 19:29 Glamorgan, WTF? It's like watching Gloucestershire all over again! #
- 19:51 Glamorgan are going to have to bowl their little socks off to get anything from this game! #
- 20:24 I have to say, I'm less than impressed by Shaun Tait... #
- 20:32 Ooh, Alastair Cook's mum is from Fforestfach! My sister used to live there!! #
I watched a shocking game of cricket earlier - Gloucestershire -v- Hampshire. Hampshire won in less than 8 overs, after Gloucestershire were all out for just 68 runs. It was just such bad batting - even worse than Somerset on a couple of occasions this season. I laughed. Actually, I laughed a lot. I especially laughed at Porterfield getting out because last night he was a horrible little cheat and didn't walk when the entire ground (apart from the umpires) saw that he was out.
I'm now going to watch Glamorgan -v- Essex, in Welsh. And I'm going to spend the evening eating the chicken dish which is cooking in the oven, drinking beer and wine, and eating a Belgian chocolate mousse type thing which mum bought me at Tesco earlier. Good times!
- 16:25 I'm at the cricket again this evening but fear not - I will not be tweeting as much as I did on Wednesday... #
- 17:28 tweetphoto.com/27840192
Dodgy socks/sandals combo at the cricket! #
- 17:52 Somerset need 200 runs to win. There is more chance of me having an affair with David Cameron... #
- 18:31 This is like pulling teeth... #
- 19:07 Ooh, it's a bit more entertaining now! #
- 19:27 Holy crap, we chased down 200!!! *loves Zander* #
Wow, what a game that was! After the batting collapse of Wednesday evening I didn't think we had much chance, and when Marcus and Nick Compton got out early doors, I thought our task was hopeless. But it ended up being the Zander and Kieron show - Kieron got 54 from 25 balls and Zander finished on 95 not out, off 49 balls! It was just awesome batting - a real treat! Oh, and Tregs took a stunning catch as well! Good times!!
We're just on the way home now - just past Haldon Hill, so another 40 minutes should hopefully do it. I'm tempted to have KFC when we get back to Plymouth...
One thing I will be having is a glass or two of wine, because beating Gloucestershire is something that must be celebrated!!
Posted via LiveJournal.app.