Mar. 23rd, 2010
He's cricked his neck, apparently. The vet manipulated it and he really flinched, bless him. So he's had a morphine shot and some anti-inflammatories, and he's got a week's supply of pills, and has to go back on Monday for a check up. She thinks that it's a muscular thing rather than a skeletal thing, so I'm guessing that's good news. And after I'd promised him faithfully that they wouldn't do anything unspeakable, the poor lad had a thermometer put up his bottom as well. His temperature is a little high but she thinks that's because he's sore and his muscles are inflamed. Obviously if he's any worse he'll go back before Monday, but hopefully he'll be okay.
He's now lying on the floor in between the living room and the dining room, panting and looking a bit dopey (yes, dopier even than normal).
He's not allowed proper walks for 2-3 days and has to go on a harness rather than with his collar, which will do him good because he always pulls like mad.
So that's Dexter, all sore and wounded.
I decided tonight that Dexter could sleep downstairs if he wanted as he was looking pretty washed out after his morphine shot. But he's brought himself up and is now sitting in the middle of the room, looking like an extra from Pet Sematary, all vacant and weird. I hope he doesn't go completely wrong and bite me to death in the night!
Posted via LiveJournal.app.
- 06:18 Don't faint but I'm sending this from my iPhone! Also, morning all! #
- 06:23 @rachel_simmo My thoughts precisely!!! Quick question btw - is there a simple way to switch it to silent mode? #
- 06:26 @rachel_simmo I've got it! Thank you!!! :-) #
- 06:38 @rachel_simmo I just reach to the side of me, and there it is!! ;-) No seriously, it's fab so far!! :-) #
- 06:40 @rachel_simmo Thanks for the heads up - I don't tend to use that much anyway. #
- 06:51 Urgh, time to get up :-( #
- 18:15 Crappity crap, Dexter seems to be injured. #
- 18:44 I love how every time I tweet about Dexter, some fan page from the TV show re-tweets it!! #
- 19:16 @sue_ward He's done something to one of his "arms" - we don't know what, but he can't really put weight on it, poor thing! #
- 19:17 LOL, they did it again! #
- 19:18 @sue_ward Thank you! He's going to be checked over at 9.20am tomorrow... #
- 19:19 @sue_ward Thank you!! xXx #
- 20:24 Back from the vet's, £110 worse off. Official diagnosis is a cricked neck (Dexter, not me). Poor chap! #
- 21:43 I know Dexter's all spaced out on the morphine now because I just said "chicken" really loudly and he didn't bat an eyelid! #